THOMAS ALLEYNES HIGH SCHOOL
Part of Uttoxeter Learning Trust
Casual Exam Invigilators
Grade 1, SCP 7 - £17,364 pro rata (£9.00 per hour)
Required for December 2019
Thomas Alleyne’s High School is seeking to increase the team of casual exam invigilators to cover the exam periods throughout the academic year. The post is on a casual basis invigilating GCSE and A levels and helping to support students through the provision, supervision and monitoring of internal and external exams.
Examinations do not take place on every day of the examination period. The length of the sessions will vary according to the length of the examination, and the number of invigilators required for a session will vary according to the number of candidates sitting an examination. You will be playing a vital role in supporting the school by providing important support to the students.
Typical duties of the team include:
- Supervising the entry and seating of the candidates before the start of the examination.
- Giving out the examination papers.
- Leading the start and end of an exam.
- Checking the attendance register.
- Recording the seating plan.
- Remaining vigilant and supervising the students to ensure that they comply with the regulations throughout the examination.
- Collecting the finished scripts at the end of the examination.
- Supervising the orderly dismissal of the students from the examination room.
- Packing the scripts for posting.
- Checking that spare examination materials have been collected and returned to the Examinations’ Officer.
Working within a team of invigilators, you will report to the Exams Co-ordination Officer. If you are interested in working on a casual basis and you can be flexible with your time, we would like to hear from you. Thomas Alleyne’s High School is an equal opportunities employer committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and expects all staff to share this commitment. This position is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure check under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Details of this check can be found at www.gov.uk.
If you would like to discuss the role please contact Mrs S Soskinski at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information and an application pack please see attached documents or:
Visit our website: www.thomasalleynes.uk
Telephone: 01889 561820
Closing Date: 8.00am on Friday 25th October 2019
Interviews will be held: on 6th or 8th November 2019
Please email applications to: email@example.com
Uttoxeter Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our students and all posts are subject to enhanced DBS with children’s barred list checks and the completion of safeguarding training.