THOMAS ALLEYNES HIGH
Part of Uttoxeter Learning Trust
Casual Exam Invigilators
Grade 2, SCP 2 - £20,441 pro rata (£10.60 per hour)
Required as soon as possible
Thomas Alleyne’s High School is seeking to increase the team of casual exam invigilators to cover the exam periods throughout the academic year. The post is on a casual basis invigilating GCSE and A levels and helping to support students through the provision, supervision and monitoring of internal and external exams.
Examinations do not take place on every day of the examination period. The length of the sessions will vary according to the length of the examination, and the number of invigilators required for a session will vary according to the number of candidates sitting an examination. You will be playing a vital role in supporting the school by providing important support to the students.
Typical duties of the team include:
- Supervising the entry and seating of the candidates before the start of the examination.
- Giving out the examination papers.
- Leading the start and end of an exam.
- Checking the attendance register.
- Recording the seating plan.
- Remaining vigilant and supervising the students to ensure that they comply with the regulations throughout the examination.
- Collecting the finished scripts at the end of the examination.
- Supervising the orderly dismissal of the students from the examination room.
- Packing the scripts for posting.
- Checking that spare examination materials have been collected and returned to the Examinations’ Officer.
Working within a team of invigilators, you will report to the Exams Co-ordination Officer. If you are interested in working on a casual basis and you can be flexible with your time, we would like to hear from you. Thomas Alleyne’s High School is an equal opportunities employer committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Uttoxeter Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This position is subject to a criminal records check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS, formerly CRB) which will require you to disclose details of all unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions in your application form. All staff are also required to complete safeguarding training.
If you would like to discuss the role please contact Mrs S Sosinski at email@example.com
For more information and an application pack see attached documents or
Visit our website: http://www.thomasalleynes.uk/page/?title=Vacancies&pid=134
WMJobs or SOTCC jobs
Telephone: 01889 561820
Closing date: Monday 6th February 2023 at 9.00am
Interview date: Week commencing Monday 6th February 2023
Please email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org