Graduate IT Support Technician Apprenticeship
Thomas Alleyne's High School
Uttoxeter, Staffordshire, ST14 8DU
As an IT Apprentice at Thomas Alleyne’s High School, you will be working closely with our other school technicians.
You will be part of the IT Team that provides support to all staff and students at all schools.
Qualifications Required :
GCSE Grade C or above in Maths and English (or equivalent qualification)
Vacancy Detail :
At the High School there are 10 large IT Suites approximately 400 desktop PC’s & 100+laptopdevices to support. Join a team of 3 other technicians and an IT Manager.
You will have a keen interest in IT and must be able to work as part of a busy support team.
Working closely with other departments you will need to build relationships with both internal and external staff and students.
You will have a desire to learn and increase your knowledge in all the principal areas of IT Support
The role is varied and includes repair of PC's & Laptops and installation of Printers plus other associated equipment used in education.
Software deployment, networking of equipment, backup/restore of data.
Your main tasks are:
- Install and maintain computer hardware, clients, laptops, audio/visual equipment, and peripherals.
- Check all main IT Suites before the school working day commences and to notify the ICT Lead
- Technician of any problems that may require repair.
- Assist the school technicians to maintain an up-to-date inventory of ICT equipment and ensure cleanliness of equipment.
- Assist with the expansion of the school network infrastructure including switches, cabling, and wireless network equipment.
- Assist with routine administration including data backups. Research and locate replacements parts for repairs and consumables where required.
- Software installation, maintenance and upgrading in line with the school development policy.
- Maintain and help to keep workstations up to date with Microsoft updates, anti-virus updates
- Administration and development of Internet, Office 365, learning platforms and E-mail systems, including GSuite and the school website.
- To keep abreast of technological developments and encourage the use of ICT at all levels.
- To support staff and students with the use of ICT including online support
- To support staff and students with the set-up and preparation of ICT equipment around the school.
- Report any detected breach of the school’s ICT acceptable use policy to the IT Manager
- To be aware of the school’s health and safety policy and to assist in carrying out the responsibilities detailed therein.
- Maintain stocks of spare parts and consumable items, including printer consumables.
- In-class support where appropriate
- Working with the other school technicians monitor the school helpdesk and accept and complete tasks when directed by the Lead IT Technician or IT Manager
Working Week : Monday to Friday 8:45am–3:05pm
Salary : £8,295.00 (Annually)
Application Deadline Date: 30/07/2021
Possible Start Date: 06/09/2021
Personal Qualities :
We expect strong team working skills, an independent approach and to be professional and empathic with people throughout the company.
Punctual, Adaptable, Willingness to learn,
Skills Required :
Enthusiasm all things IT related,
Previous IT experience beneficial.
Future Prospects :
The Business will discuss a long term position of employment upon successful completion of the Level 3 apprenticeship.
You will receive the following qualification:
• Infrastructure Technician (Standard) Level 3,
• MTA Network Fundamentals/CompTIA A+/ CompTIA Network+ professional qualification,
• Functional Skills in English and maths (if required).
To apply please follow the link here