THOMAS ALLEYNE'S STUDENTS PARTICIPATE IN BBC REPORTS
TAHS students took part in BBC School report day for the 3rd year in a row on Thursday, 15 March 2018.
BBC School Report is a journalism project for students aged 11 to 18 across the UK. You make the news and upload it to your website that we link to via our interactive map. This means that your news is accessible to a worldwide BBC audience. We showcase the work of School Reporters across BBC programmes in the UK on News Day which is Thursday, 15 March 2018.
If you’ve taken part before you’ll notice that we now have reporting opportunities all year round, and the age limit has increased to 18 so sixth-form students can take part.
You’ll get the chance to:
- upload young people’s work and programme ideas directly to the BBC where they can be pitched to programme-makers
- attend BBC events in your area
- learn a range of journalistic and technical skills from BBC staff, presenters and online resources
- use BBC branding, graphics and animations in your reports and on your web page
- improve digital and media literacy
- use resources which link to the school curriculum across the UK
- report on activities your school is undertaking such as events for BBC Children in Need and BBC Sport Relief
- take part in a high-profile project which works with hundreds of UK schools and organisations