Thomas Alleyne’s School Uniform
We ask for parents' support in ensuring all students wear the correct school uniform as it can play a key role in:
By creating a common identity amongst all our pupils, regardless of background, school uniform can act as a social leveller. It can reduce bullying and peer pressure to wear the latest fashions or other expensive clothes.
It is important for us that the uniform is not too expensive and that it does not place an unreasonable burden on families. Therefore, we do not insist that all families use the same supplier.
Second-hand uniforms are available to acquire in school. Please speak to your Head of House for further details. We always appreciate donations of good quality school uniform to add to our supplies.
If you wish to use our school supplier to purchase several uniform items these can be ordered for the Schoolsin (formerly Trutex)
website www.schoolsinuniform.co.uk either online or by visiting the shop.
The Schoolsin shop opening hours are: Monday to Saturday 9.30am to 5.00pm
The delivery options if you purchase online are:
The Schoolsin shop is located at:
However, if you wish to purchase plain black trousers, a skirt or blazer from another supplier, you will only require a school tie and blazer badges. These can be bought from our Thomas Alleyne’s online shop.
Your child will be able to collect the items on their first day at school in the Autumn Term. Alternatively, if your child attends Thomas Alleyne’s or has a sibling here, they can collect ties and badges from the Pupil Support and Welfare Officer for their house after showing a receipt to them.
Please complete this purchase before the close of school in the summer term.
School Uniform expectations:
- Black blazer with school badge (The badge can be purchased separately)
- Black trousers; straight-legged with waistband (not jeans, leggings, cropped, bootleg, skinny or hipsters) and no buttons, embellishments, trims or belts.
- Alternatively, a black skirt (not lycra) just above the knee.
- Black v-necked jumper (school logo is optional; no branded jumpers are permitted). No cardigans or hoodies.
- White shirt/blouse with turn-down collar for wearing with a tie
- School clip-on tie in House colour – must be worn at the correct length.
- Black socks (ankle length /black lycra tights)
- Black shoes you can polish with flat or moderate broad heels (no higher than 2 inches/5 cm). No boots or trainers.
- Make-up is considered unsuitable for school.
- Acrylic or brightly coloured nails are not permitted.
- Small stud or ring earrings are allowed but only one per lobe. No other visible body piercing is permitted.
- Hair should be kept in a clean and tidy condition. Exaggerated styles, excessive hair accessories or exaggerated colours are not acceptable, e.g. tram lines, ‘number one’ haircuts.
- Black polo shirt.
- Black and white rugby top.
- Plain black football shorts.
- Plain white socks – ankle or trainer type.
- Plain black football socks.
- Trainers (non-marking sole).
- Outdoor trainers.
- Football boots.
- One-piece costume all black, regulation type (no trims).
- Plain black trunks or plain black longer-length lycra swimming trunks (not swimming shorts)
- Plain swimming cap.
- Goggles (optional).
All students must also have the following equipment if they play these sports:
- Mouth guard compulsory.
- Shin pads optional.
- Shin pads compulsory.
- Shin pads and mouth guard compulsory.