Train to Teach
Thomas Alleyne's High School Academy is an excellent school in which to begin or to develop your professional teaching career. As part of the Uttoxeter Learning Trust we are able to provide the opportunity for aspiring teachers to develop their craft to become outstanding teachers.
Staff Wellbeing Offer
Thomas Alleyne's High School adopts national guidance on standards for teaching and support staff.
We aim to be a school where staff have every opportunity to develop their skills and access continued professional development throughout their career. We promote staff wellbeing which includes:
- Sector competitive pay
- Defined benefit pensions
- Performance related pay and recognition of additional responsibilities
- Death in service payment
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle2Work scheme
- Comprehensive training programme. Leaders at all levels are offered access to an NPQ programme within their first 3 years of leadership. New staff and NQTs are offered a comprehensive induction programme through our teaching school
- Well-being training as part of the whole school inset
- For safeguarding leads access to supervision and for all staff access for counselling if required
- Access to flu jabs and seasonal health support
Flexible working patterns and adjustment to core working practices may be offered to eligible colleagues by agreement. For further information on the staff wellbeing and support offer, please see the staff handbook.